Sunday, August 3, 2014

But by the Grace of God

Hey Everyone!

Here's a quick weekly update!  Monday and Tuesday we went to MLC/DLC where I learned pretty much everything I needed to know about being a leader, which was so AWESOME! And again, President Clark is the man; he really just wants to help us missionaries so much. Wednesday I went on exchanges with my housemate Elder Choresca, which was really fun, and I think we were able to both help each other. Thursday we had another good day of work. We retaught lesson one to one of our investigators, Reah, and it went super well (especially after a really rough, rejected invitation to be baptized last time), and she even prayed for us at the end, a first! 

Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Hedman, from South Jordan, in their area, which was really fun! And maybe only RMs or other missionaries would know this, but you know Eric Guevarra from "The District" preach my gospel videos? He was the guy who was baptized by Elders Murray and Tui'tuu? Well, he's a Filipino and now lives in that area! I've met him a few times, and he's a rock solid member here. I got a picture and video with him. Probably no one cares, but he's a missionary celebrity! Then the next day we helped them at a CSP to build a house for a member, so that was cool. Saturday was a pretty regular day, we got punted from most of the people we were hoping to visit, but we were able to visit a lot of our young men here who are off and on, and got quite a few of them to come to church on Sunday!

Also, Brother Marcos got the priesthood yesterday, and wore a shirt and tie for the first time! He's such a handsome little guy! We had another good day of work yesterday, despite the fact that I was feeling pretty sick most of the time. We had a dinner appointment with my favorite family, the Habalas, that night, and that brings us to now!

I can't say I'm at my best right now, but I am learning a lot! This area has turned from my most successful to one of the steepest learning experiences of my mission, but I am indeed learning! As far as spiritual insights, I just feel the way Paul does in Corinthians: "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly...yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

And so that’s about it for this week! Love you all!

--Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment